From 8pm Friday 2 December to 5am Monday 19 December, there will be an extended road closure on Devonshire Street, between Elizabeth and Waterloo streets. The attached map provides information about the changes and recommended detours.
- Devonshire Street between Elizabeth and Holt streets will be closed to all traffic.
- Drivers travelling south on Elizabeth Street will not be able to turn left into Devonshire Street.
- There will be no right turn from Holt Street or Waterloo Street into Devonshire Street.
- There will be no left turn from Clisdell Street into Devonshire Street.
- One eastbound lane will be open on Devonshire Street between Holt and Waterloo streets.
- There will be additional lane closures at night on Elizabeth Street at the intersection with Devonshire Street
- Suggested routes: south-east detour is via Elizabeth and Holt streets. North-west detour is via Crown and Riley streets.
From 10pm Friday 2 December to 5am Monday 5 December, George Street between Hunter and Essex streets will be closed to general traffic.
- Hunter Street will be closed to general traffic between Pitt Street and George Street.
- Margaret Street will be closed to eastbound traffic east of York Street.
- Grosvenor Street will be closed to eastbound traffic.
- Bridge Street will be reduced to one lane of westbound traffic through the Grosvenor Street/George Street intersection.
- Suggested routes: access to The Rocks will be via Harrington Street and Argyle Street or Sussex Street and Hickson Road. Access is also available via Loftus and Alfred streets on the eastern side of the CBD.
Bike couriers are encouraged to follow directional signs to avoid the works. They will, however, still be permitted to travel in the area together with other vehicles. Cyclists will be required to dismount when sharing the path with pedestrians.