Please see attached map regarding changed traffic conditions on Devonshire Street from this Friday 27 January until 13 February 2017.
ALTRAC Light Rail will undertake critical utilities work at the intersection of Elizabeth and Devonshire Streets, and on Devonshire Street between Elizabeth and Waterloo Streets.
Work and access is planned as follows:
- From 8pm on 27 January, a light rail construction site will be established at the intersection of Elizabeth and Devonshire Streets.
- General traffic will not be permitted on Devonshire Street between Elizabeth and Waterloo Streets. Access for Emergency Service vehicles will be maintained.
- Motorists travelling southbound on Elizabeth Street will not be permitted to turn left into Devonshire Street or right into Rutland Street.
- No access from Holt Street into Devonshire Street.
- No right turn permitted from Waterloo Street into Devonshire Street.
- Local access only to Clisdell Street from 27 January to 13 February.
- Southbound traffic will be maintained on Elizabeth Street throughout the work.
- On weekends at night time, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane southbound near the intersection of Devonshire Street.
The recommended south-east detour for vehicles is via Elizabeth, Cooper and Waterloo Streets. The recommended north-west detour for vehicles is via Crown and Riley Streets.